The dust (or snow) has settled from NYE celebrations and now it’s time to focus on our dreams and plans for 2013! This week, I’m bringing you a few tips from my Resolution to Reality workshop, all about fine tuning your resolutions and all while keeping it fun and positive (see my Top 10 Resolution ideas for more on that).
First tip of the year: Start dreaming! Dream of the possibilities and desires you may have for improving all aspects of your life, without any limitations. Here are some steps to take:
- Start with a Loving Kindness Meditation by taking deep cleansing breaths and sending nothing but loving thoughts to yourself.
- When ready, grab a piece of paper and write all thoughts and ideas that pop up.
- Try not to allow your inner critic to negate, judge or rationalize the thoughts that enter your mind.
- But, if that inner critic does not quiet for you, write the ideas down anyways. We’ll work on pushing the inner critic’s negativity out later 😉
- Take your time with it. Give yourself at least 15 minutes with this brainstorming activity.
Your dreams may surprise you and you’ll probably come up with a page full of them (I know I did). If you struggle to come up with ideas, look for some inspiration. I found some in this post from Go Girlfriend.
Know that anything is possible. A favourite quote of mine comes from Walt Disney “If you can dream it, you can do it”. If he could imagine and bring to fruition a place as magical as Disney World, than we can all find it within ourselves to imagine our own greatness. So, go on and get dreaming!!