This weekend we’re having friends over for a wine and cheese. Nothing too fancy or laborious; just a couple of appies, good wine and good company. It’s the perfect recipe to keep us happy during this cold spell we’re having.
I love cheese! As I’ve become more intuitive with my eating, I find I’m more drawn to the luxurious, soft, delicate cheeses and less drawn to the orange processed variety. I also find that I don’t need as much of it to satisfy the palate when I’m choosing to eat good quality (and unfortunately, more expensive) cheese. A little can go a long way when you’ve got a wide assortment of flavours and textures to pair together.
The following is the perfect blend of sweet and savoury. They’re like gourmet mini cheesecakes. I usually setup an arrangement of the ingredients for guests to make these themselves. Taking the time to create your own just adds to the joyful and intuitive eating experience! You may find one or two are all you need to satisfy your palate 😉
Triple Creme w/ Blueberry Compote on Rosemary Crostinis
- ACE Bakery Rosemary & Sea Salt Artisan Crisp
- Saint Andre’s Triple Cream brie
- Blueberry compote
- 1 pecan piece (optional)
- Spread a sample of the triple cream on the crisp.
- Top with a small dollop of blueberry compote and pecan.
- Take time with your first bite, allowing the flavours and textures to rest on the tongue or roll around the mouth.
- Savour the remaining bites. When finished, consider whether a second serving would be honouring your body’s hunger and satiety cues. Do you truly want another or are you satisfied?
Foodie Fridays is a weekly blog series from Michelle Pitman, attempting to remove the stigma and the labelling of food that tastes good as being bad for you; to show how supportive choices can incorporate all categories of food and that balanced eating means you are satisfying your physical needs as well as the emotional ones. Bon Appetit!!
Leave a Reply