Seems like the holidays are wrapping up and a new year is upon us. It’s the best time to prioritize you and find simple ways to take good care of your whole self (read: mind, body, spirit). That’s why I’m excited to be co-hosting this Nourished Body day-long retreat on January 22nd! Past participants say it’s introspective, inspiring, valuable and fun! And this year’s event promises to be all that and more.
Tucked away in a farm setting in Uxbridge, you’ll learn new and interesting practices around food, movement and health. Here are just a few highlights…
Exploring an alternative to the diet and deprivation cycle
Our relationship with food can be complicated and frustrating. But it shouldn’t be. And it doesn’t have to be. Kori Kostka, Registered Dietitian, will have you thinking differently about eating through:
- Ditching the rules and restriction (or putting them aside, at least for one day)
- Discovering ways to identify hunger and fullness cues
- And putting theory into practice with a fully-catered mindful eating lunch
Restore your body and nervous systems through movement:
Since food and exercise go hand-in-hand when dieting, the usual approach to physical activity probably leaves us more disconnected from our bodies. And just like with food, it doesn’t have to be this way. Therefore, Michelle Pitman (that’s me!) will also have you thinking and relating to your body differently with:
- Body sensing from a place of curiosity and no judgment
- Self massage techniques for pain relief
- Restorative yoga as a gentle and embodied experience
As a result of these movement practices, you will feel deep relaxation and a better understanding of your body’s needs.
Finally, discover how you can take charge of your health
It all comes together with a candid and kind conversation with Nurse Practitioner Claudia Mariano. You will get the facts about the health concerns that matter most to you as a woman, from an expert. And then learn what you can do to prevent, heal and thrive through:
- Practicing mindfulness for women’s health, at various life stages
- Discovering new tips for taking care of your skin
- And, most importantly, determining how to get what you want out of life
Sunday, January 22nd is going to be a fabulous day with a peaceful setting, delicious food and a room full of women celebrating and empowering one another. To join us, simply follow this link for registration. And please sign up soon to avoid disappointment. This once a year event is only open to the first 20 registered.
Women’s Wellness & Leadership Retreat
Eat, Play and Be Mindful